Monday, August 30, 2010

One of the best Friday-Saturday-Sunday of this year

I have been waiting for these 3 days since I started working. Because on those days, I will be seeing my beloved UPLB Street Jazz family. And it was not just a 'meeting' or get together. On that Friday, I saw the group back on the competing stage.


I was very excited as I wake up on that friday morning, August 27. I tried to finish all deliverables before 6pm. But then since my line of work is very unpredictable, I was able to step out of the office at 7:30. 


Thank God for MRT, traffic was not part of the problem. But since it was rush hour, we were like stuffed sardines inside the train.


I arrived at Quezon Ave station  and got a taxi as fast as I can. Fortunately, the taxi driver was kind enough to take me where I need to go, since I cannot give him concrete directions where the venue is. I just told him the place is located at Mother Ignacia street.


And so I arrived at Crossroads 77 at around 8:30pm, just in time for the competition. I looked for the other members and shook hands with them (the Street Jazz way of course. I miss doing that handshake).


 We watched 12 other groups and clapped our hands for them. And when our team is being called, continuous screams and shouts were all over the place. Hands clap non-stop until they started to dance.


AWESOME. It was very overwhelming after seeing our team perform on stage. They were so good. Damn good. Their creativity and performance level just moved 10 notches higher since I graduated. Very good performance. We were crying happily after.


Of course, we wanted to win, or at least get a spot in the top 3. But unfortunately, we weren't included in the top 3. Nevertheless, we knew it was a good performance. The team gave everything they had. They spent long hours of training. With that, we knew God liked our performance very much. 


There were comments that our team should've won. Thank you for that. But we have to respect the judges' decision.


Anyway, I arrived at home at around 12midnight. I have to wake up at 3am the following day, Saturday because I have numerous runs for that day. I arrived at the office at 6am, because I had to pick-up something at Shaw Blvd. And so the day went on as expected. There were problems but we managed to solve them.


I left the office at 4pm, arrived at home at 5:30 pm and left for elbi at 6pm.


Yes, I was scheduled to go home in Elbi for a mini birthday celebration with my closest friends. I arrived in Elbi at 8pm and started the mini party with fliptop immediately. Of course there was food and liquor. And we had a great time. Shared funny stories, a lot of singing, dancing and fliptopping. Drank 3 different kinds of liquor--vodka, brandy and lambanog that put us to sleep very fast.I woke up Sunday morning with a phone call from my officemate who was about to consult a problem on my project. Demmet.


I left the apartment at 10am and arrived home at 12nn. Phone calls and text messages were non-stop. It was around 3pm when everything was running smoothly. 


I ended up my day buying 2 pairs of shoes for work. Haha. I am such a shoe-holic. Is there such a word?


It was one hell of a weekend. I hope I can do it again next time. But before anything else, I have to snap back to reality and do some presentations. Ughh. Fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment