Saturday, January 29, 2011

Round 2 for Slapshock, Red Horse and AMG.

This past week was very toxic for me. I got a new project which supposedly fun but really it's confusing and as of now, has no shape yet. Then you got this asshole boss on the side and the frequent moments of me waking up later than I suppose in the morning resulting to quick breakfast meals or none at all.

But as they say, there is always a light at the end of the road. So come Friday night, me and my co-AEs went out to have fun a d drink some. With Paula Tabbada's (one of the senior AEs) powers, we, the AMG team, decided to go to B-Side and watch our newest addiction: Slapshock. It was a gig for Chris Garcia, a Filipino tattoo artist who is recognized internationally, to celebrate his talent in the world of Art. There were also other performances for that night: Even, Sandwich and another one I can't remember.

So we had dinner first at Pasta Box then at 10pm, headed to B-side to get some drinks and enjoy rock music. Performances began at 11pm and since Slapshock is the biggest act, they were to perform last. It was around 2AM, I guess when they performed.

They did Mistero and Carino Brutal. Although there were few people, everyone was really banging and having fun. I really enjoyed that moment. Although I was watching from the back, hearing them was really refreshing and amazing.


Most surprising moment was when Mark, another officemate who is also a close friend of the band, brought us to Jamir Garcia (vocalist) after the performance. I thought it's just a hi-hello-congrats-it-was-a-very-good-performance greeting but I was struck when Jamir leaned and gave us a kiss in the cheek. Haha! I was really surprised that I wasn't able to say a word. I just watched other people take pictures of him and his tattoos c/o his brother by the way, Chris Garcia.


Red Horse plus Slapshock has always been a good combination. Hope to watch them again in their next gig.

No comments:

Post a Comment