Friday, December 24, 2010

Restless Christmas it is! (part 1)

Christmas 2010 has broken the record of all time. I have attended a total of 4 Christmas parties in less than a week! Here's a rundown of the parties I've had to celebrate the most important event of the year:


1. Company Christmas Party at Stagecoach Saloon Bar and Restaurant , A-Venue:
          Was really looking forward to this party coz it's time to get wild and loose with my officemates and bosses. We had a competition, something they do every year, and once again, our department won. Haha! It was an MTV-Sync Contest wherein teams have to choose 1 MTV and have to mimic it - dance steps, costumes, lip singing and all else you can mimic. For our group, the Accounts Management (AMG), we did the video "May Bilog na Hugis Itlog" by the Sexbomb Girls. The video was made in line with the introduction of the electronic voting machine used in the 2010 Presidential Elections. We practically rehearsed just on the day of the Christmas party but being the competitive selves that we already are, we bagged the first prize of 10,000. 
         We had also the Kinect Dance Showdown. It's not your ordinary dance showdown because we are using the latest technology brought to us by Xbox 360. If you are familiar with Wii, this is a lot better. You won't be needing any gadget to perform what is needed. You only need yourself and your very quick reflexes to do what is said of you. So of course, we won again and added 4,000 in our bucket. 
         Last part was the highlight because it was party party time! We got to jam with the in house band and being the tipsy me that time, I was able to sing a couple of my faves. Hehe
         Overall, I enjoyed the party but was actually expecting for more. :)


2. San Miguel Brewery Christmas party
       Just next day after our company's party, we held the San Miguel Brewery Christmas party that the company does every year as well. They have been our client for over 8 years and it's the perfect time to giveback. We had fun and a lot of games and big raffle prizes for them! Program ended at about 11pm and we partied our way til the midnight. The band was great and I had the chance to jam with them during their last songs. Again, the tipsy me was there to push it. Twas a very good night! Had 3-4 beers and Sbucks coffee right after. Great night indeed. :)


3. UPLB Street Jazz Alumni Christmas Party
       Fever did not stop me from attending this very much awaited pajama party with my beloved brods and sisses. We crashed in to one of our sisses condo unit to celebrate Christmas together. We prepared food, games and raffle prizes to make the party more exciting! Noel was in charge of the games and I must say, he did a very good job. He prepared 3 games and that was the best part of the program. Aj and I were in charge of the game and raffle prizes so we met earlier in his office to wrap everything up. The party started at 7pm and after an hour, let the games begiiiiin!
       First game was the charades. It might sound very usual but this charades has a twist. You have 3 levels to choose from - easy, average and difficult words. Every time you get an item guessed, there is a corresponding point on its level of difficulty. If you passed or wasn't able to get it before time runs out, your points are deducted based on how difficult the item is. I remember one item, I was making them guess "Pahiyas Festival" and all I do was wave my hands and walk like a beauty queen, my team mates were shouting, "gay? gay pageant?" I was really laughing that time, actually, we all are. So these are the people that when I'm with them,  I don't really care much about myself looking like stupid. They're second family.
       We also did Pinoy Henyo with a twist (again) and this is so much harder. There are 10 words that you have to make them guess and all those words lead to a secret phrase. Funnier but needs more brains. Haha
       We also played Who am I. We have to guess certain famous personalities as they are being described by our game master. This game also needs brains and general knowledge on celebrities and fictional characters. You also have to listen very carefully as the game master may have been giving clues in the descriptions. 
       Last game was Taboo and this was really fun. You have to make your mates guess this certain word but you cannot use some 5 words to describe them as they are Taboo. Tagalog words also cannot be used. So you have to think of another way of describing the words and be careful not to mention the taboo words because the point goes to your opponent. Funniest is to describe a chandelier as 'something put behind the roof '. What's that again? Behind? HAHAHAH. We all made a good laugh.
       Raffle prizes were cute but I didn't think they're gonna like it. We raffled a planner, bossa nova cd, an umbrella, and the grand prize is: Lord of the Rings Blu Ray Disc, all installments complete. Haha. Congrats to the winners!


4. AMG Christmas Party at Malabanan Residence, ParaƱaque City
          All AE's gathered at MamaBel's residence to partyyyyy like what they do every year. So it was just actually a simple dinner and games night but of all the parties I've attended, this party is where I felt I'm drunk, or at least I really am.
          It was because shots of vodka's going around and my chaser is red horse. Talking about testing my alcohol tolerance. Haha! So as far as I remember, I was thrown into the pool that night. I also scratched my big toe so it was sort of bleeding that night. And then when I thought it was time to go home, I went with Cecil (one AE) and slept at her condo that night. The catch, I puked while riding to the condo at her car. But of course, I tried not to do that INSIDE her car so I opened the window and put my head outside and did the deed. Hahah. Luckily, there was no truck or any deadly circumstance that can hit my head and kill me instantly. But sadly, I had ruined the door of Cecil's car. Hehe. Sorry!
         Overall, it was a fun night plus we had great fooood and drinks (because we had ze money) and lotsa lotsa games. 




WHATTA Christmas celebration! I was really tired after all of these parties and all of us deserve good rest. But what a way to spend Christmas is to be with your whole family enjoying Noche Buena together. Merry Christmas! :))

No comments:

Post a Comment