Monday, December 6, 2010

Back to you.

Last Saturday, Dec. 4, I am back to my real world.


We, the Urban Elite (UPLB Street Jazz Alumni) was given the chance to showcase our talent at the World Aids Day celebration at Tomas Morato, Quezon City. 
With how my life is going right now, I can't believe I was able to perform once again in front of a real audience, with the people I love the most - the UPLB Street Jazz Dance Co.


So anyway, we were at the venue at 4:30 pm. We looked for a place to stay (or maybe rest) until before the show. We found Figaro the best place there because of the coffee and the aircon. Haha. Before dressing up, we ran the routine on stage twice (to check our blockings and transitions) and then headed back to our self-proclaimed headquarters at Figaro. From 6-7:30 pm, we put on our clothes and applied make-up and pictured la-la-la..




We waited for our turn and practiced the routine as often as we can. We thought that's just it but our concentration was suddenly moved by the wind when International Singing Sensation Arnel Pineda approved our photo op request. Everyone else zoomed beside Pineda and smiled their best to have a once in a lifetime photo op with him.




Because of it, we were hyped enough and waited again until it's our time to shine.


MOMENT on STAGE: The BEST.


We were at one of the best moments of our lives. Hearing our music and moving along with is was awesome. Our hardwork in the past 2 weeks paid off. We enjoyed the performance very much. It's like I wanted to cry after. For 6 months I was pretending to resist something I know I really can't. With this performance, I can proudly say, I'm back on the dance floor, the only place I know I belong to.


*sigh*


I'm excited for the next performance. And hopefully, this won't stop. Cause I will not, even though the world already did.

No comments:

Post a Comment