Sunday, December 26, 2010

Restless Christmas it is! (part 2)

Aside from the Christmas parties I attended this year, what makes this Christmas exceptional and yes, restless?


Dec. 11 (Saturday)
It actually began last Dec. 11 (Saturday). We (Urban Elite) had a performance for an event called Mr. and Ms. Runway Tagay 2010. According to the program, we are supposed to perform at 8pm. But because it was a beauty pageant and everyone else had to prepare, we performed at 10:30pm. I went home at my best friend/officemate Kate's apartment at 11:00pm and had to wake up at 2:30am (this is already Sunday) to supervise the set-up of our event  the following Monday. 


Dec. 12 (Sunday)
I arrived at the venue 3:15am and was there until 8am. I couldn't catch a wink because it would be very embarrassing to all the carpenters and workers to see their supervisor snoring while they are catching their breaths because if too much exhaustion. After the supervision, I went home to Kate's again (around 9am) to get more sleep because I knew I am scheduled for a meeting that same day at 3pm for the event. Suddenly, at 12nn I woke up to my boss's text message telling us that we also have a meeting at 2pm with another guest for the event. So see, it really hurts when what you already planned will be suddenly scrambled up by a text message, especially if it involves diminishing my hours of sleep. So in my mind, if I have a meeting at 2pm, I have to take a bath and prepare 1 hour earlier (that is 1pm) meaning I only have 1 hour left of sleep. Darn it! 


We arrived at the venue of the meeting at actually 2:30pm to learn that the supposed meeting was moved. So we started at around 3:00pm and ended at 6:00pm. Left the venue at 6:30pm and decided to go home first to get some clothes because I am sleeping overnight again at Kate's. I arrived home at 7:00, left at 7:15 (I was really fast) and waited for a cab for 45mins. DAMN. When I finally got to one, I learned there was no one in Kate's apartment. To my dismay, I looked for a Starbucks coffee shop nearest to her apartment and tried to kill time. Without me knowing, it was already 10pm (still Sunday) and I'm still there! I was actually planning to sleep early because the event next day was an early morning event but because I was at Sbucks that late, I slept late too. Arrived at 11:00 pm (finally) at Kate's and dozed off fast. I had to wake up 1am (Monday!) the next day because I had to supervise the finishing set-up for the event.


Dec. 13 (Monday)
I arrived at the venue at 2 in the morning, and I was diligently doing my job. But since I am no superhuman, I was still able to catch some sleep at 4am-5am (I guess) until I saw my officemates arrive for the event. Fortunately, the event was so hyped up that we were running here and there so we did not felt sleepy at all. The event ended at 12:30 in the afternoon. We had lunch and headed back to the office afterwards. 


I thought it was going to be a normal day BUT I have another MORNING event the next day, Dec. 14 so I have to check if everything is ok. Though it was not a big event, still I have to do a checklist.


Dec. 14 (Tuesday)
Come Tuesday, I woke up at 4am and was at the office at 6:15. I was at the venue of the event at 7:30am. The event went smooth and to my surprise, it was also the day of our Christmas party. Demet.


I shall now continue this writing to another entry as this is already long. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment