Sunday, January 2, 2011

That's a wrap for 2010!

2010 had me the biggest changes. I definitely feel a whole new person as 2011 comes in.
I'mma do here a quick recap of how my 2010 went:


February 2010
This month, my collegiate varsity dance group staged our 2nd concert entitled VERVE II: Livin' it U.P. And I say that this is a memorable event because I handled this project. I was the Production Manager for the event and though it brought me to a lot of stress - both physical and emotional - it was all worth it. Seeing the auditorium filled with dancing feet and hands clapping up and down and meeting more people from th dance community made us all smile despite the painful preparation. We were also able to donate to Bantay Bata 163 as  they were our beneficiaries for the concert. So it was very fulfilling being the project head. 


Concert Poster :)


One of our performances in the concert


April 2010
Freedom park's grasses came back to its greenest for the 2010 Commencement Exercises. YAY! It was THE moment that completes every student. Though secretly, I did not want to graduate that early because I wanted to be part of the competing team of our varsity dance group. But of course, I cannot just drop a subject and party so I did push through. I wouldn't also want to get everyone annoyed so.. yey!!! We are finally done with school papers and exams.


                             With fellow Street Jazz graduates        My toga graduation pic

June 2010
Done with the school papers and exams but hello to more and more job interviews. I got my first job on June 2, 2010 and as I write this down, I am already a regular employee of our company. I am now working as an Accounts Executive for a Below-the-line Advertising Agency. I was really happy that I got here because this has been one of the things I like to do - putting up events and promotional activities for brands that seek our help to promote themselves. This job is great. 


Fooling with the web cam with officemates :)


Working for one of our events: Eveready Nation for Eveready Batteries

November 2010
I also had my fair share of sadness. There were very low moments with my job, actually. But of all the tears I've cried last year, this one's the greatest. For 2 years, my heart was empty and this year, I finally found him. But unfortunately, he didn't. Or shall I say, I found the wrong person. I fell in love with this close friend and got my heart broken after knowing that he loves someone else. Haaaay. Hurt is always there, I know but having found someone after 2 years of emptiness is such a wonderful thing for me. And it's really sad to know that he is still NOT the one yet. Because of this, I cried while in the jeep, in the bus, during our General Assembly, during lunch with my officemates and hell, yeah, to sleep. I have been very emotional this month but I can tell you I'm 80% back to normal.


To finish this month, I had my shortest haircut ever in my entire life. I received a lot of comments doing this - good and bad. Many are asking 'why' because they knew I had a nice hair (of course I knew that, too) but I just wanted some change of style and outlook. And of course I'd lie if I say my broken hearted state this month doesn't have to do with this. But it's not the main reason. I wanted something new. That's it.


                           Went from this hair---                                  ---to this!


Come 2011, I know I am better and stronger. And of course, everyone else's with me and Him, I know I can get through everyday, every year. 


Welcome 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment