Sunday, October 24, 2010

Slowly going back


After the workshop with Groovejackz last Oct. 9, I was able to once again step into the dance floor yesterday, Oct. 23. 

And I can feel that I am slowly going back to my beloved world of dancing.

Yesterday, the UPLB Street Jazz Alumni (we call ourselves Urban Elite) came together to learn a new dance. It was 10 dollar (of singer M.I.A.), choreographed by one of the team's artistic choreographers, Fortune Manaig. It was a girl hip-hop dance and was very intense.


We rented a studio at Burgundy Plaza in Katipunan. Attendees were Noel, Zen, Rej, Charm, Nico, Nian, Xan, Mond, Mariel, Jaspher, myself and Fortune of course.
This was used by the UPLB Street Jazz Competing team during the Skechers 6 Eliminations.
We knew it was a hard one because we've seen it. So I guess everyone mentally and physically prepared oneself.

Nico started with the warm-up to help us heat up our bodies before we stretch off to the dance steps. After 10mins, let's get it on! 

"Hey, hey  hey, hey, uh-oh-oh, hey, hey, hey, hey.."

At the first few counts, we were already soaked with sweat! The dance was so intense that all parts of the body are being used. From the neck to the shoulders to the arms down to the waist and hips, legs and feet. Whew! If we had wings, I guess, we'll be flying during the dance. 
We were halfway through the dance and we took a break. After 15mins, we're back. It was almost 3:45 when we finished the dance. All of us were fulfilled to see ourselves dancing all together in one good rhythm, as one group. 

In an exceptional moment we remembered how we loved dancing. We remembered back in college how much we sacrificed just to satisfy our need to dance. We remembered how we lived with dancing. 

I hope this is not the last time that we'll attend an intense training like this. I hope this is just a start, for everyone to go back to the world we'll love forever - DANCING.

No comments:

Post a Comment