Saturday, October 9, 2010

A first. It was great. And I wanna do it again.

For the first time in 5 months, I am back on the dance floor.


Today, I was given the chance to attend a dance workshop from Groove Jackz, one of the fastest arising dance groups in the country. Yes, I know, I am too excited for this when my friend broke the news. Well, she probably knew that I missed dancing a lot that is why she volunteered me for this activity.


I arrived at the dance studio at around 2 pm, and they were just starting with the routine.
So at first I was nervous because one, I have not been dancing for 5 months, and two, It's my very first time to attend a dance workshop in Manila and three, I don't anyone from the class. Yes, the coach is kinda famous but that's it. I mean, I wasn't able to bring anyone with me. 


So the coach started counting in, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 1, 2, 3... 
Okay, okay, here it goes... 5, 6, 7, 8.. and 1, what's that again? Oh my. 5, 6, 7, 8.. again, again.


WAAAAA. I felt like a robot! Where the hell are my muscles? 
Hahah! Well, just for the first few counts.


So generally, it was a hip-hop dance, including a little bit of house (more specific style of hip-hop), but definitely it requires a lot of patience and presence of mind.
However we were constantly reminded to 'perform' and not just execute the steps. I remember Coach Niko saying, "I-feel nyo na sa MOA Concert Grounds kayo sumasayaw, at kayo ang dancers ni Usher" (well, because, it was Usher's song that we're doing).


So everyone tried to enjoy the dance and as well absorb all the steps that is being taught.
Everyone was all ears to everything Coach was saying. Also thanks to the mirror! I was at the back so it was a little bit hard for me but, yeah, I was able to get everything. 


When we were halfway through the routine, I can say I was more loose, and was able to cope. It wasn't enough, I know because there were others in the class that were really great. Maybe because the attend the workshop more more often than I do.


When we finished the routine, we were grouped into three. I was included in the first group. So we did the routine and actually, it looked pretty good. Everyone in the group was able to execute the steps well. Including me, alright. Hahaha!

Two more runs and we're done. Weeee. We're done!

And so for the first time in 5 months, I perspired the way I wanted it to. YES. Seriously. Every time I dance, I perspire a lot and I feel good about it. I felt a lot better after dancing. I felt that a part of my excess baggages came dripping down off of my body with my sweat. I really felt good.

The moment I stepped out of the studio, I was already thinking of when is the next possible time I can attend a workshop. I checked the schedules of the dance studio and I am already planning my next visit. Although everything will still depend on my schedule, I will try my very best to attend another class within the next two weeks. 

It was a very delightful day today. I cannot explain how happy I am I was able to dance again. Seriously, I have been waiting for this day. To be able to see myself in the mirror moving in rhythm with the music that is playing. To see myself sweat because of something I really love to do. To see myself smiling because I achieved something and I am very proud of it. 

Thank you Coach Niko Bolante of Groove Jackz and Brewing Point Dance Studio.
I hope to attend another class the soonest possible time.


Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment