Sunday, October 31, 2010

Definitely blog-worthy

From ParaƱaque, I came all the way to Sta. Rosa, Laguna to realize something.


I have to start reading.




Yes, you read it right guys. Since I came to life I have never been fond of reading anything. Well except for newspapers and magazines, I find it hard to open a book or a simple hand out. It also came to a point that I was asking why I took up BA Communication Arts when I don't enjoy reading at all. (And how I was able to graduate? Haha)


Anyway, I visited SM Sta. Rosa to check on my promo activity. Luckily, a close friend was living nearby so we decided to meet up. We ate at Pancake House and attempted to burn what we ate at Quantum (Timezone-ish center). We were strolling around the mall when my friend Mary suggested to visit a bookstore.


On the entrance are its best sellers and mostly about Vampires and the immortals. I really wanted to buy a book that moment but they were priced at 395PHP and above so I called it off. However, as we left the store, we caught upon the sale of books in front. The rack of books on the left is priced at 50PHP while the one on the right is at 200PHP. Mary went over to the 50PHP books to look for a good read. I blurted out to her that those might be children's book thus the price. But as we bent over at the lower rack, there were a lot of good books that are within my interest. (Goody-good books, novels, love and friendship, entertainment)


From 1 book, I got a handful of 6 that I was planning to buy. But I reduced it to 3 because I don't think I will be able to read it all in a month. So I finally decided to get these 3 books, all for 50PHP each. Amazing.


"Summer Intern" by Carrie Karasyov and Jill Kargman
"Men on Women; Women on Men" a special flip book by Barb Karg
"The Psychology of Romantic Love" by Nathaniel Branden

Seriously, this is the first time that I am buying myself books. Not only one, but three. I hope this is not the last time I'm doing this. And I guess it is a good sign that I am learning to like something I do not before. Late bloomer, yes but I think God chose this perfect time when I am mature enough to appreciate the things I have been ignoring. And from now on, I think I will be paying more visits to booksales and other bookstores. Haha.

Now I need a good bookmark. Anyone? 
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment