Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A Whole New World: August 14, 2012

Immediately the next day, I went to Insular Life building for my Communications and Culture Training (CCT) day 1. For a total of 10 days (only 9 for me because my supposed day 1 was the day when I got hired), we will study (or rather review) our English communication skills and learn about American culture. I was excited because I would always dream to speak English fluently. 

We started the day with the usual introduce yourself. However, the instructor already gave topics to discuss while we introduce ourselves:

Name, 3 Interesting Facts about You, Last movie you watched, Dream Job, Expectations from the class and  the trainer, Expectations from the course/training itself.

When I was called, I started (of course) with my name and how wonderful it is. Haha. My 3 interesting facts include: I am a dancer and that I've been in training and performing regularly since 2007; I am a fan of Ian Somerhalder and The Vampire Diaries (and many other American series); and I already forgot the last one. Haha. I also shared that my dream job is to own a dance studio and a restaurant real soon. The expectations part, I won't mention anymore because it's just blah. Haha

For 9 days, we went to the class in the mid shift (2pm-10pm) and while doing that, we fixed our requirements in the morning. The training was really fun! Aside from the English training, we learned about US time zones and memorized state abbreviations. We had learning games and the losing team performed (that's us haha) Since I am a grade conscious person myself, I really studied hard to get good grades and made sure I'd pass. 

At the end of the class, I got an 88.5 and placed 4th overall. Hahaha. It was fine because the class valedictorian got 89 something. Weeeee! Happy me!

Best of all, I got 18 new friends! They're all crazy and we'd often tease each other but we will never get angry. Here are my best buds from the class:


(L-R) My mentor Ed, Cla the singer, Jane and me

The whole class with Dre, our trainer:

Standing (L-R) Mars, Gayle, Steph, Jane, Meg, Dre, Janine, Me, Bambie, Cla, Anne
Sitting (L-R) Nick, Eric, Mark, Kocci, Josh, Ed, Nikko, Cesar, MJ


As I write this down, we are on our last week of PST (Product Specific Training) and we are already in the graveyard shift of 9pm to 6am. The group is still intact but we are about to go on different schedules by next week. Sad but we'll still see each other in the floor (hopefully) I'll make another entry solely for PST because it's a whole new experience and we have the best and craziest trainer. 

Everything is going well for me. I still believe that this is God's plan that is why I am still going for it. After a few months, let's see if I'm going to change my mind. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment