Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A Whole New World: August 13, 2012

On this day, I decided to take a very important step in my life.
I applied as a Collections agent for Convergys G5.

I went there not knowing what will happen, all I knew was this is God's plan for me. It came at the right moment, to say the least.

At about 11:30am, I had my initial interview. It was funny because we were 5 in the room and while waiting for the interviewer, this person was really talkative. He was trying to calm us, thinking that we were so nervous that's why we were not talking much. He began asking questions and talking about his life. And so the other 3 began talking to him as well. For me, I was trying to concentrate on my "describe yourself" spiels,  (I already knew that that will be the interviewer's question.) that's why I was really quiet. But of course when he asked me, I answered.  After 30 more minutes, the interviewer arrived and began the session.

It went really quick. After all of us have spoken, the interviewer gave tips and improvement points on diction, stress, subject-verb agreement and stuff. I thought no one passed from our group but as she bid the group goodbye and thank you, she said, "Sabrina, I want you to stay." Wuhooo that's it! I passed the interview!

After that, I took an online exam. It was not a pass or fail one but they just wanted to know what do I know about the call center industry. Then, they had me take lunch and when I came back, I had my final interview. After about 15 minutes, contract signing. Pretty fast, huh? That's one of the "features", I could say, of the BPO industry. The hiring process takes only one full day. The next thing you know, you already got a job.

They asked me if I could start early, or even ASAP. I said yes, for sure. I don't have anything to do so I said yes.

The next morning, I woke up relieved and really excited. Aside from it was already my first day of training, I'm really excited because I knew I'll meet a lot of new people and I will learn something new from that day forward. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment