Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Work and Play go together well: a (super) late post

For the first time I was away from office for 5 days. Yes. 5 days. But of course, it's not a personal leave. It's still work. I was assigned to organize the activities of Caltex during the Hot Air Balloon Fiesta last Feb. 10-13 at Clark, Pampanga.


Though it was extremely hot during the event, I really enjoyed my time there. Here's why:


1. I'm with the funniest people in office. Funny meaning they are capable of making dull moments alive by just simply cracking a joke over our radio. (We had two-way radio units that time for easy monitoring of the different activities in separate areas in the field.) Sometimes their jokes are green but still it's funny and enough to wake us up when there nothing happening in the program.


2. Free slurpee and free coffee c/o 7eleven!! Nuff said. Sugar and caffeine really makes us energetic.


3. This is an event everyone badly wants to attend to. And apparently we are lucky enough to get in and out the place and enjoy the sight of flying balloons and aircrafts. Really refreshing event.


4. Meeting new friends is one big thing. Caltex team is composed of several suppliers: 7eleven, DPP, Canon, Sony, MEC, Xhabit and of course us. Not to mention the very nice clients from Caltex that we can share a laugh with. Very nice people make good combination. :)


5. BEING AWAY FROM OFFICE is the best. Haha! Srsly, yes. Though I still have to accomplish deliverables for my other projects, being out of town is very relaxing and away from stress. 




Even though staying there meant me in a darker complexion, I'd be glad to handle it next year. :)



(taken using my iPod Touch 4. sorry for the low quality)

No comments:

Post a Comment